События ... 693
Тренинг ... 55
Троеборье ... 22
Уголок художника ... 32
Фото ... 326
Юмор ... 47
Юридическая консультация ... 10
Автор: Jessika , 1 ноября 2007 г. в 17:54

Why do so many people hate people like Pat Parelli, Lidia and Alexander Nevzorov, Dr. Robert Cook? Why do so many equestrians think that these people are evil? All these people are doing, is trying to educate people about horses and horsemanship. And most people know that they are right, and change, but others cross their hands and keep doing what they are doing even though the horses are in pain. So why do so many people hate Nevzorovs, Cook, Parelli, when all they are tryong to do is protect the animals that we love?

ОБСУЖДЕНИЕ

comment 0 1 comment 1 comment 0
0 0
Чужая
7 апреля 2009, 01:23:20
Re: Natural Horse-man-ship
I don't know anyone who hates Parelli or Cook. But most people who I know (including me) don't like Nevzorov and his wife just because they are liers.
0 0
Jessika
How in the world are they liars? Why is everybody so afraid of the truth? How can you say someone is a liar when you have concrete scientific evidence?
0 0
Olga5
Unfortunately, they are not so honest, though their horses are not using for sport.. It's not only care for horses, it's rather PR - good or bad - another question.. He critisizes all russian horse-riding schools in Russian, not including him.. And he (i mean Nevzorov) has pretty much resources for that, in spite of simple equestrians.. But also we don't actually know, which methodes were used for reaching results of his horses. Yeah, her wife makes beautiful photos with horses walking in the fields, but when we see the same in arena, they look not so happy ..
0 0
Чужая
ok, I may tell you the same, proove me that all they say is true!
there are many reasons why I think they are liers. and I say it not because I am affraid of the truth, but because many things they say are ridiculous.
this is my point of view, that's all.
and I think it's useless to go on with this theme, at least for me.
0 0
Jessika
Olga5, you said that the horses didin't look happy in the arena, 1st of all, they are free to go and ignore him, you have to understand that he works with stallions, and by nature stallions are agressive horses, 2nd, I have yet to see a happy horse in a show ring or a training ring. Even at the barn where I work right now, horses are always happier when they are outside and free. In fact sport horses look completely miserable. Yeah, they don't tell us everything, and I really do think that they probably should, but they get great results. Pat Parelli doesn't tell everyone everyhing, and yet a girl in a wheelchair sucseeded with his program and then Nevzorovs. Also, I am a very scientific person, so I go more towards concrete scientifc facts, and Nevzorov has plenty of them, specially when it comes to equine health. Also thank god for the discussions in English, I type soooooooooooooooooooooo SLOW in Russian.
0 0
Olga5
Yeah, i'm absolutely agree with you that in arena or in sport horses cann't look happier. But i meant that we don't know, how he reaches such succesful results of obedience.. I want to belive it's true! I'll respect him if he really applies these methods, but in most of his photos horses lay their ears back.. May be it's not a parameter.. And else i don't like how he abuses russian horse-riding school (and not onle russians, BTW), he won't reaches cancel of sport - it's obvious, and concernes not only Russian, unfortunately.. And yeah, i think, if human makes right work with horse (i mean sport), it'll looks not worse then by Nevzorov programm.. And i hope for this!

Yeah, and some of Nevzorov's exercises for horses can be even harmful, which unusual for sport.. Like this:

0 0
Capitalist pig
We don't hate them, we ignore them. There is no reason for us to pay attention to them. Our horses perform just fine without all the gimmicks. If you have a problem with your horse - go get some help.
0 0
Jessika
How can you say this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! These peole are real horseman who actually listen to their horses. The reason why I listen to them is because these people truly understand horses, and I really do want to reach a high level of communication with horses. For two different species to be able to communicate like those people do is something humanity should strive for, not continues battle
0 0
Capitalist pig
What did I say that's so difficult to comprehend? That we don't need help from Parelli, Cook, etc., etc.? Well, we don't. We have our own teachers. I communicate with my horses just fine without any rope halters, Winnie's cookies and funny-looking bridles.
0 0
Jessika
MOst riders need help first of all, second I was reading in this one book about horses ( I don't remember what it was) but they were talking about how the reason horses put their ears back when they rear is because they have inherited it. In the wild horses would put their ears back, b/c their ears are sensitive and they don't want to hurt them. But you are right on the fact "how does he get the results?" I have pat parelli's program (and he reaches the bridless level) and I love his program, it works for all horses and you can do sports without bit, whips, spurs, ect, following his program and both horses and riders usually end up enjoying the partnership.
0 0
Capitalist pig
OK, great, I got it. Best of luck. You'll need it.
0 0
Lidia
Hey Pig, I figured it's useless as well. Very sad...
I'm sure your teachers and my teacher would be equally terrified of the views held by young people. And the claim that neither of them "listens to horses" is just ridiculous. I think I'll go drop my teacher a line, see if I can get him to come out for a clinic, I think it'll be therapeutic.
0 0
Jessika
What in the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!? I know a lot of trainers adn ALL of them are open to new sugestions, and ALL of them respect and listen to the Horseman, and what they have to say, they still make their own descisions, but they don't go thinking that young people have terrible views, when it comes to horses.
0 0
Olga5
I could agree with you, but as i know (i can be wrong), horses do that when they very dissatisfied.. I don't know very much about Pat Parelli program, and may be it's much better, than Nevzorov's one, and may he (i mean Nevzorov) just tries to remake Parelli's program.. Nevzorov has more resources for traveling and watching new methods of working with horses..
0 0
Jessika
olga5, by the way "what the hell is wrong with you people" wasn't for you" it was for the other ones, as far as Pat's program, you should check it out. He has a website it is www.parelli.com.
0 0
Olga5
Thanks for the link, but it doesn't open..
0 0
Jessika
Try this one. http://www.parelli.com/home.faces
0 0
Olga5
Yeah, this one works, thanks!
0 0
Jessika
You are very welcome.
comment 0 1 comment 0
0 0
Jessika
Last night I was reading "Natural Horse" magazine, and I was a little surprised to see an article where it said the Nevzorvov is becoming more popular in the US, while in Russia he seems to be going the opposite direction.
comment 0 0
0 0
arm
31 марта 2010, 03:05:40
Of course he is not that popular in Russia anymore,because almost everybody knows what kind of methods he is using and who he really is.Unfortunatly he is a lier,good business man,person who has power,good speaker,and knows how to make ppl more intrested and in that way earn money,when he tells his propaganda.Well respect for that:)
And about these stallions,first of all it depends of the stallion,not all of them are agressive,he chooses his horses with care,because he really cant deal with all horses.I dont want to talk shit about him and what methods he sometimes uses,let him do what he does,but just want to warn,not to trust and believe everything.
I do really respect natural horseman ship,it really can solve many behaviour problems.But sport is another thing,horse sport is sport,it has been and it will be,and u cant control and do for example some of the dressage movements without bridle...of course you can,but the quality of these movements will not be the same,and thats not sport.
And really look for example Moorlands Totilas pics under Edward Gal and Nevzorov horses' pics;who looks happier??