Тренинг ... 55
Троеборье ... 22
Уголок художника ... 32
Фото ... 326
Юмор ... 47
Юридическая консультация ... 10
Автор: Silver, 22 октября 2006 г. в 03:17

Hi.

I am curerntly looking for a horse (accually a pony) breed to import.

I have fallen in love with the Mongolian pony and I wonder if you could help me.

I have heard that this breed exists in Russia, someone told me that they exist on the easten side off the Ural Mountains, can this be right?
Also I wonder if they exist on other places in Russia.

I also would like to know what regions in Russia that are aloved to export horses to EU?

Is it only horses born in that region that are aloved to be exported to Russia, or can you move a horse from a region that is closed for export and let it be in quarantine in a region that is aloved the export to EU?

I also would like information about the prices off horses in Russia.
I am not after a competitionhorse, I want a friend with normal gates (the gates should however be correct and not mix with each other), a friend I can ride in the forests and have fun with.
If the horse has more then 3 gates its a bonus.

If someone have experiens from sending horses from Russia to EU I would be greatfull if you could help me with more tips and ideas.

ОБСУЖДЕНИЕ

comment 0 1 comment 1 comment 0
0 0
Natacha
7 апреля 2009, 01:17:46
Re: Import horses to EU from Russia.

my mail in France: nata.chambaud@free.fr
0 0
Silver
I like those horses. What breeds are they?
And can you tell me if there is any breeders of them I can contact?
0 0
Capitalist pig
Satisfy my curiosity, please - what is it about these ponies you find so attractive? I am not looking to debate their qualities - I am not qualified.
0 0
Silver
Well, first of all, I belive the horses must be "fat" to be as beautifull as they can be. If you compare these two horses you see what I mean:

This horse clearly need mroe food:

While this stalion looks better:

Both are mongolian horses.

I like the kind of typ of horse, more pony then horse. But still strong enough to carry me, 170 cm tall, weight 55 kg.

Also I like that they have 5 gates, at least the mongolian pony have that, I dont know if the Yakut does.

I like the way they are growing up, kept half wild.
I belive that it is good for the spirit of the horse.

I like that they are kind and friendly.

The mongolian horse reminds of the icelandic pony.

Shortly put.

I dont fance the typ of horse that is high over the ground, slim and can jump high and move its leg beautifull.
(and yes, of course they are more then that. as the mongolian pony is more then a "simple old pony who happen to be able to move its leg differnt).

I like a horse that is close to the nature.
I dont fance jumping, I do dressage cause I wish to be one with the horse, not cause I want to winn any price.
And for that, I can have a horse that does not have the best of gates, or can jump high, I can have a horse that suits me and my riding.

Right horse to right rider I say. I would not suit with a warmblod, I grow up with them and I still fance "ponyhorses" like the icelandic horse, the mongolian or other breeds like them.

And a rider who wish to compete, would probably suit better with a warmblod then an mongolian pony.
0 0
Capitalist pig
Well, perfectly good, lucid and objective reasoning! Not that you need my approval – I am non-entity when it comes to selecting a breed, but it’s nice to see a fellow rider who doesn’t follow the mainstream, but, rather, make their own mind up. So, congratulations, you are on the right track. I simply wondered, why being in Europe didn’t you opt for a Haflinger, or Fiord, or another, similar breed. But Mongolian horse makes a fine choice. After all, if the breed worked for Genghis Khan, it’s got to be good!

I, too, am not big on tall horses. I ride Quarter horses. For me, also, a horse has to have substance, to appeal to my eye. Rubens had the right idea.
comment 0 1 comment 0
0 0
Silver
Well those breeds are nice, but both to common and to close to the normal horses here in my coutry.
I want a breed that has 5 gates and that is close to the nature.
They dont grow up half wild either.

You can clearly see a diffrence between for example icelandic horse that grows up half wild in big flocks and the fjord or haflinger that often is kept single and in stable here while the icelandic horse lives outdoor (with a "house" to go into when they wish, and in big flocks with other icelandic horses.
comment 0 0
0 0
vyalshin